Jul 30, 2017
Spears, Dream Living Coach
Noir Magazine - a food, wine, and travel magazine for African
- Yes, competitive eating is a
- Competitive eating is an
activity in which participants compete against each other to
consume large quantities of food in a short time period, usually
about 8 to 10 minutes. Person consuming the most food wins
- Popular in the United States,
Canada, and Japan
- Major League Eating (MLE),
headquartered in New York, is an organization that sanctions
professional competitive eating events and television
- Signature Championship Belt: The
Mustard Yellow Belt
- Nathan’s Famous International
Hot Dog Eating Contest, July 4
- Male Winner: Joey Chestnut (72
- Female Winner: Miki Sudo (41 hot
- All Pro Eating is the only
Independent Competitive Eating organization in the world. It
officially sanctions competitive eating contests.
- Competitive Eating Fun
- Competitive eaters practice by
eating and drinking large quantities to stretch out their
- Eaters starve themselves before
a contest to have great stomach capacity
- Participants eat standing
- Eaters swallow tennis-ball sized
clumps of food.
- Water is used as lubricant to
prevent eaters from choking.
- Some contest prohibits liquids.
Nathan does, but you can moisten food.
- No condiments (some competitions
- Vomiting disqualifies
- Eaters can have food in their
cheeks when time is called and it counts toward their total if they
swallow it within 30 seconds.
- No recorded deaths, but stomach
can rupture and you can get water intoxication.
Sources: (Reader’s Digest and Mental Floss)
- WNBA All-Star Game, July 22,
- West 130, East 121 - Maya Moore,
Most Valuable Player
- Slam Dunk
- Cleveland Cavalier Kyrie Irving
asked to be traded.
- Chicago Bulls Derrick Rose
traded to Cleveland Cavaliers.
- Leave BGTS a 90-second voicemail
message: Is the superteam era unhealthy for the NBA? https://www.speakpipe.com/blackgirlstalksports
- Kansas City Owner Clark Hunt
said he wouldn't have a problem signing Colin Kaepernick if Chiefs
coach Andy Reid or general manager Brett Veach wanted to add him.
(Source: CBS Sports)
- Dallas Cowboys cut Lucky
- University of Mississippi Coach
Hugh Freeze resigned for misdialing escort service. (Source:
- Troy Mullins, Maurice Allen Win
'Mile High Showdown' World Long Drive Event (Source: CBS Sports)
- Goodreads Giveaway: “How We Did It: Canada's
Ultimate Hockey Dad on How to Grow the Potential of Any Child” by
Karl Subban, Scott Colby
4 Ways to Support Black
Girls Talk Sports Podcast